Somehow it’s almost time to pick up the next food box, and I’m not even through with the first one!
Here’s what we got almost 2 weeks ago:
- Lintzer Delikatess potatoes
- round beets
- green meat radish
- Jerusalem artichokes
- buttercup squash
- AND jam!
And here’s what we did with it…
- mashed potatoes, leek and potato soup
- beets with chevre (for dinner tonight)
- the garlic went into everything – and it was delicious
- kale Mediterranean salad from the Lululemon blog
- buttercup squash (apparently also called sweet potato squash) soup
- Salads with the greens
- the kids gobbled up the carrots raw
- jam went on the Sunday morning pancakes (yum)
Here’s what we haven’t found a use for yet:
Jerusalem artichokes (other than tasting them and discovering them), the radishes (same thing), and the cabbage. The pickles and cornmeal can wait but I’m afraid we may be throwing out the artichokes. Any ideas for next time???